Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Anniversary Party

Bible in the Basement turns 1 year old today!

It all began with this post and was followed by 161 more.

Like The Twilight Zone, it is difficult to describe exactly what is the theme of this blog. It is a mixture of devotional material, theological reflection, and social commentary. What links the varied posts together is my desire that each would provoke reflection on the Bible's implications for our lives or society. My hope is that those who read also stop to reflect.

I learned early on that most readers do not leave comments, though comments are always enjoyable. Yet I have been encouraged on an as-needed basis through emails or personal run-ins with readers. So for those who read, thanks for stopping by!

Oh, and make sure to visit the many fine sites linked from here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ken-
I am one of those who reads frequently, but never comments - since you are the one with wise words, I shall keep silent. Thanks for your year of service - reading your blog brings great benefit.
Scott